.

Small Fire in Home on Maple Street Monday Morning

The family, who were all home at the time, called the fire department around 8:20 a.m.

A small fire broke out in a single-family residence at 722 Maple Street, just across from the grocery outlet store, on Monday morning. 

A Redwood City Fire Department spokesperson said the fire was most likely due to the home's "zero-clearance" fireplace.

The family was home at the time, and quickly called the fire department as soon as the fire broke out. The fire department spokesperson said the call came in around 8:20 a.m. 

Five engines, one truck, three battallion chiefs and one fire marshall responded quickly.

"We had the fire out in about 10 minutes," said the spokesperson.

Within 30 minutes, the scene was completely cleared, he said.

"The family was not displaced, and there were no injuries," he said. "The damage to the home was minimal - the fire was contained to a back room and the family room."

A building inspector is currently on site with the family to assess the damage and what needs to be done to help fix the home.

Roads in the area are completely clear.

Did you see the fire this morning? Share what you saw in the comments below.

Stay informed on the latest news from your local neighborhood - follow Patch!

Sign up for Redwood City-Woodside Patch’s daily newsletter
"Like” us on Facebook
"Follow” us on Twitter

Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »