Redwood City is a great place in which to live, work and play. As soon as we began covering the community, it was evident that residents' passions for living here far surpassed many surrounding areas. There is so much to love about this community.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we’re asking our Patch readers what they love about Redwood City.
To get you started, here are five things I love about our town:
1) I love the diversity of the people in our community. We celebrate our ethnic diversity through Redwood City International's efforts and cultural celebrations like the and . And not to mention . , , and all within a stone's throw? Gotta love it.
2) I love the and other community gatherings at the .
3) I love the vibrant, burgeoning tech movement that is coming to Redwood City. From the on Seaport Boulevard to the ones setting up camp in downtown, the innovation in the air is nearly palpable.
4) I love the community's passion about education. We may not have the highest API scores, but the "" of community members and educators is the driving force behind the continuing improvement. Plus, the and of the high school district is unparalleled.
5) The volunteerism spirit still blows me away. There are so many individuals and service organizations who selflessly donate their time and money. From the most displaced from their trailer after a fire to the Redwood City Education Foundation's work, the generosity never ends.
Get Patched in daily by signing up for our newsletter.