1. Go green by dropping off your e-waste at an Electronic Waste Recycling event. Most electronic items are accepted, including computers, televisions, fax machines, phones and car batteries. The event will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the parking lot of (2000 Woodside Road, 650-368-3376).
2. Are you or a loved one suffering from Parkinson's Disease? Come by (749 Brewster Avenue, 650-367-5998) to participate in a Positive People Against Parkinson's Support Group meeting. The meeting will run from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and anyone is welcome to attend.
3. Starting today the Port of Redwood City will host Tall Ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftan. Dockside tours will take place from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Guest Dock, next to the Seaport Conference Center on Seaport Court. $3 donations are encouraged. Sailing excursions are also available during the ships stay. Visit www.historicalseaport.org or call 1-800-200-5239 to purchase advanced tickets for Battle Sails or Adventure Sails.
4. Attend the BUILD 10th Anniversary Celebration for a cocktail reception, a student product showcase, a seated dinner and a live auction. BUILD aims to help low-income high school students reach their potential. This special event will recognize founding supporters Franklin "Pitch" and Catherine Johnson and will feature musical guests Overtone and MC Hammer. Cocktails begin at 6:30 p.m. and dinner starts at 7:30 p.m., both at the Oracle Conference Center (350 Oracle Parkway, 650-633-8300). Tickets are currently sold out.
5. Watch perform a full range of Led Zeppelin's music live at Club Fox (2209 Broadway Street, 650-369-7770). The rock-n-roll show starts at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $18 and can be purchased in advance here.