The Saratoga Union and the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High school districts have their board of education meetings tonight, Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., respectively, at 20460 Forrest Hills Drive and Saratoga High School, 20300 Herriman Ave.
The SUSD trustees will consider the following:
- Education in Europe: a study mission to Finland, France and England
- Report on curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Report on School Accountability Report Cards
- Fiscal Planning and Reporting Sub-Commitee
- Budget update
- Report from the Strategic Planning Sub-Committee
- Board Policy Updates
The LGSUHSD trustees will consider the following:
- Study session on health benefit changes
- Closed session begins at 5:45 p.m. to discuss employee discipline/dismissal/release; public employee performance evaluation/employment of Superintendent Bob Mistele; provide direction to Mistele regarding negotiations with the District's Teachers' Association and the California School Employees Association, chapter 875; anticipated litigation of two cases and student expulsion/readmission.
- Regular session will recognize Los Gatos High School Student of the Month Hannah Chen, Saratoga High School Student of the Month Prachi Dholakia and SHS student Edgar Chen, for earning a perfect score on the AP computer science exam in the spring of 2012.
- Discussion of Wadas and Associates/SHS Foundation project to
provide fundraising services for the construction of a new Sports Plaza and
replacement/renovation of athletic facilities at SHS
- Review Gov. Jerry Brown's budget proposal for 2013‐14
- Receive and accept an annual audit report presented by Ahmad Gharaibeth from Vavrinek, Trine, Day and Co., LLP
- Approve agreement with NTN for fall 2013 implementation of New Tech Network program at LGHS