Monday, April 4
In solidarity with the workers in Wisconsin, the San Mateo Labor Council will be holding the “We Are One” rally in Courthouse Square at 2200 Broadway St. At 5:45 p.m., the rally will also recognize the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s, assassination.
Tuesday, April 5
Is the path to U.S. citizenship overwhelming? Attend the free Citizenship Application Workshop by the International Institute of the Bay Area at the at 2600 Middlefield Road at 4:30 p.m. Eligible applicants will receive assistance in completing their citizenship application and will have the opportunity to speak individually to a legal expert. For more information and to register call (650) 780-7512.
To receive assistance at this workshop, all of the following must be provided:
- $680 check or money order, payable to “Department of Homeland Security” (if 75 years or older, only $595).
- 2 Copies of your green card (both sides).
- 2 photos (Passport style).
- List of all your trips out of the United States including departure and return dates.
- List of addresses and employment and/or schools for the past five years including start and end dates.
- If you are currently married, include your spouse’s full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, alien number (A#), date and place of naturalization, and current address.
- Information about all your prior marriages and about all of your current spouse’s prior marriages; including date of marriage, date the marriage ended, and how marriage ended (copy of divorce/death/annulment papers).
- If you have children, their full name, dates of birth, residency card A#, and address.
- Documentation of all arrests and/or convictions, including reason for the arrest, date, place, and outcome/disposition. Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if the charges were dropped.
Redwood City may still be upset about the closing of Bob’s Courthouse Coffee Shop, but you can wish the owners well at a Farewell Party at at 2048 Broadway St. at 5 p.m. It is a no-host bar.
Thursday, April 7
Still have questions about college admissions? Not sure which college your child should attend? Concerned about how you will pay for college? Attend the College Admissions Panel at from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. For further information contact Terri Ignaitis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 369-1411 ext. 6325.
Friday, April 8
Play a hand with Lady Luck without losing a dime at Casino Royale, the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District fundraiser. Ticket2Ride, the Beatles cover band, will be playing live music from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m at the . Tickets are $65, and while 60s attire is not necessary, is highly encouraged. Wine is free from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Purchase tickets online at http://casinoroyalthe60s.eventbrite.com. Print and complete the Ticket Order Form and send it back to school with your child along with your check (made out to: School Force). If you cannot attend, consider sponsoring a teacher for $55.
Check out more of this week's events on our Calendar.