President Obama will be in Atherton in April for a brunch at the home of Mark Heising and Liz Simons, according to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC).
Their home will be Obama's fourth stop in the San Francisco Bay Area. Obama is scheduled to be in San Francisco on April 3 for events held by the DCCC, and in Atherton for two events the next day.
While he's on the west coast, Obama will visit the houses of asset manager Tom Steyer, as well as philanthropists Ann and Gordon Getty, and Marcia and John Goldman. Each of these visits is intended to raise money for the Democratic Party and comes with a price tag.
The cheapest tickets to see the president are $1,000 each, at the Goldman residence. The most expensive will be the price of brunch at the Heising and Simons residence, with tickets running $32,400 each.
Do you think the cost of the ticket is worth it? Tell us in the comments.
Also on Redwood City-Woodside Patch:
- Gang Member Who Viciously Attacked Sequoia Student Earns Third Strike
- Community Upset Police Find Leyla Beban at Fault in Fatal Collision
- Friends Start Book Drive in Memory of Leyla Beban
- San Mateo County Earns Top Credit Rating in State
- Design for New Apartments at Old Mel's Bowl Site Revealed
- Map: What's the Average Commute Time in Redwood City?
Stay informed on the latest news and events in your local neighborhood - follow Patch!
Sign up for Redwood City-Woodside Patch’s daily newsletter
"Like” us on Facebook
"Follow” us on Twitter
Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.