goal of encouraging residents, commuters and visitors to take advantage of
multi-modal options for getting around town, “Connect, Redwood City!” will
officially launch Thursday morning at an event featuring Mayor Alicia Aguirre
and county and transit officials.
The ribbon cutting will take place at 11:45 today at the Redwood City Caltrain Station located at Arguello Plaza, 1 James Ave.
Outreach for “Connect, Redwood City!” alerts potential motorists to the vanpool, bike share, car share, or transit options available. The program is paid for through a $1.5 million grant from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission through its Climate Initiatives Program.
Project partners include:
· San Mateo County Transit District
· The City of Redwood City
· The County of San Mateo
· Peninsula Traffic Congestion Relief Alliance
· Metropolitan Transportation Commission
· San Mateo County Transportation Authority
· City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County