Get to know the city council candidates as Patch runs "A Day in the Life of..." series on each of them: , , Paul McCarthy, Rosanne Foust, and Barbara Pierce.
You’ve seen her in City Hall Chambers with her “Vice Mayor” plaque weighing in on difficult issues such as the , the , and various .
But this isn’t her full-time job. City council members are paid $750 a month for their service to city. Most of them also work full-time jobs, and yes, have a life outside city council.
But Redwood City is their home as well, so take a peek into the life of Vice Mayor Alicia Aguirre.
Questions for City Council candidate Alicia Aguirre:
- Why did you become a teacher?
- How does volunteerism fit into your teaching philosophy?
- How did you get into volunteering?
- What groups do you volunteer with?
- Why did you choose to live in Redwood City?
- What are your favorite things about Redwood City?
- What do you like to do in your “spare” time?
- What are some of your favorite restaurants downtown?
- What is one thing most residents don’t know about you?