A man stumbled upon skeletal remains while hiking Monday morning at the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve in unincorporated San Mateo County.
He immediately called the San Mateo County Sheriff’s office and deputies arrived around noon.
The man guided the deputies to the location, approximately two miles west of Skyline Boulevard and approximately 100 feet off the trail, where deputies confirmed the skeletal remains were human.
San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office detectives and the San Mateo County Coroner responded and assumed the investigation.
The identity of the remains is unknown at this time. Patch will update this story if and when more information becomes available.
Also on RedwoodCity-Woodside Patch:
- Redwood City Tae Kwon Do Instructor Arrested for Child Molestation
- 'Peninsula Direct Action' Confirms Member Set Up Phony Paula Uccelli Social Media Accounts
- Woodside Man Accused of Murdering Wife for Insurance Money
- Redwood City Hires First Assistant City Manager
- Police Identify Additional Suspects in Armed Robbery of Home Near Taft Elementary
Stay informed on the latest news from your local neighborhood - follow Patch!
Sign up for Redwood City-Woodside Patch’s daily newsletter
"Like” us on Facebook
"Follow” us on Twitter
Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.