As we look toward Tuesday's election, Redwood City-Woodside Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about the six races in town: Redwood City City Council, Woodside City Council, Woodside Elementary School District, Belmont-Redwood Shores School District, Sequoia Union High School District, San Mateo Community College District, and one measure, an educational parcel tax, Measure R, for the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District.
Bookmark this page for updates, which will provide links to profiles on the local candidates about their education, work and previous political experience.
• Election Day: Election Day is Nov. 5, 2013.
• Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the County Clerk's website and enter your address in the Precinct Finder.
• Polling locations: To find polling locations and precincts, clickhere.
• Early Voting: If you have a mail-in ballot, you may drop it off at any polling location until 8:00 p.m. Nov. 5. DO NOT MAIL--it is too late and your ballot will not be counted.
Local Races(Candidates are listed in the order in which they appear on the sample ballot. Click on each heading for more info on candidates.)
Sequoia High School District Board (three candidates for two seats; four-year term)
San Mateo County Community College District
Board (four candidates for two seats; four-year term)
Redwood CityCouncil Member; City of Redwood City (six candidates for three seats; four-year term)
WoodsideCouncil Member; Town of Woodside; Council District 2
- Deborah Cody Gordon
- David Tanner
- Anne M. Kasten
Redwood ShoresBelmont-Redwood Shores School District Board (seven candidates; four-year term)
- Amy K. Koo
- Rakesh H. Hegde
- Charles "Chuck" Velschow (incumbent)
- Herbert R. Neuman
- Naomi Nishimoto
- Suvarna Bhopale
- Kelly Redmon
Belmont-Redwood Shores School District
School parcel tax; 2/3 approval required