Last week, San Bruno-based YouTube released it's list of the top 10 videos of the year, garnering the highest number of views.
The list includes an eclectic mix of funny, serious and musical hits that the video channel said "defined YouTube in 2012."
Above, you can watch "YouTube Rewind 2012," which is an entertaining mash-up of all 10 videos.
Below are links to the individual 10 videos, as well as links to see other YouTube top 10 lists such as Top 10 Sports Videos, Top 10 Comedy videos and more.
YOUTUBE'S TOP 10 GLOBAL TRENDING VIDEOS OF 2012:
1. PSY - GANGNAM STYLE Seriously, was this a surprise to anyone? YouTube said, this video became the top YouTube video of all time within six months of debuting on the site. It now has more than 1 billion views, and has sparked a dance craze - as well as many parody videos - across the world.
2. Five Peeps, 1 Guitar This musical video by the Canadian band "Walk Off The Earth" caught the attention of people from around the world to the tune of more than 140 million views when all five members of the band played one guitar to produce this impressive cover of Gotye's hit song "Somebody That I Used to Know."
3. KONY 2012 YouTube said, "For a week in March, the most-shared video in the world was a 30-minute doc from a nonprofit group, driving unprecedented discussion and interest." The video tells the story of Joseph Kony, the Ugandan leader of the guerilla group, the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army), known for kidnapping young children and forcing them to join their army and kill, among other unspeakable crimes. The video is set to expire on Dec. 31, 2012.
4. The "Call Me Maybe" Lip-Sync Craze This video, which sparked a seemingly-unending series of similar lip-sync videos, has garnered more than 56 million views to date and features Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale and others.
5. Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney - Epic Rap Battles of History Obama and Romney impersonators deliver plenty of "zingers" against each other in this satirical rap debate, which has garnered more than 49 million views to date.
6. A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Square When the TNT channel launched in Belgium earlier this year, the network played a little prank on a usually quiet square by placing a big red button in the middle of the street with instructions to "push here for drama," and filming what ensued. So far, it's been viewed more than 41 million times.
7. Why You Asking All Them Questions? This comical video makes fun of the age-old arguments between boyfriends and girlfriends, and has yielded roughly 41 million views so far.
8. Dubstep Violin - Lindsey Stirling - "Crystallize" YouTube said, "Lindey Stirling's unexpectedly awesome combination of 'dubstep' (a form of dance) and violin made her channel a huge hit in 2012." I'd say, the amazing views of the icy winter wonderland her video was shot in didn't hurt either. So far, this video has had more than 41 million views.
9. Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen This video certainly sparked some debate. In it, the frustrated father of a 15-year-old posts a video to YouTube to humilate her for a status update she made complaining about the chores she has to do - ending with him shooting several rounds from his .45 into her laptop. So far, it's had more than 36 million views.
10. Felix Baumgartner's Supersonic Freefall from Space This video went viral after Austrian skydiving expert Felix Baumgartner flew in a helium balloon more than 128,000 feet above the Earth - to the edge of space - to take a four-minute-and-20-second freefall, through the sound barrier, back down to Earth.
Want to see more? Here are a few other Top 10 Video lists YouTube put together for the end of the year:
PATCH WANTS TO KNOW - What was your favorite video of the year? Tell us in the comments below.