The Santa Clara County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the pedestrian who was killed Monday morning when he was hit by a train at Charleston Road in Palo Alto.
The victim was Dominic Greening, 23, of Palo Alto. The Coroner’s Office has yet to determine if Greening’s death was an accident or suicide. That information is expected Wednesday afternoon.
Greening was killed at 6:50 Monday morning by a northbound Caltrain, causing delays of up to 90 minutes for morning commuters.
This is the fifth pedestrian death on Caltrain tracks in 2013, and the third in Palo Alto.
Also on Redwood City-Woodside Patch:
- President Obama Coming to Atherton
- San Mateo County Earns Top Credit Rating in State
- Community Upset Police Find Leyla Beban at Fault in Fatal Collision
- Gang Member Who Viciously Attacked Sequoia Student Earns Third Strike
- Friends Start Book Drive in Memory of Leyla Beban
- Map: What's the Average Commute Time in Redwood City?
Stay informed on the latest news and events in your local neighborhood - follow Patch!
Sign up for Redwood City-Woodside Patch’s daily newsletter
"Like” us on Facebook
"Follow” us on Twitter
Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.