Navigating downtown near Middlefield/Winslow and Theatre Way has been a bit of a challenge lately, as the City recently began pre-construction on the new Redwood Tower building for offices and retail.
The City sent out a bulletin this week, seeking to update people who live and work in Redwood City on the construction work, and when Theatre Way will be open to cars over the holiday season.
- Theatre Way is now OPEN to vehicles afternoons/evenings and weekends - The street is pedestrian-only during weekdays until about 3 p.m., to provide sufficient area for the contractor to work.
- Theatre Way will be completely OPEN to vehicles from Dec. 24 to January 1 for the holidays, as the contractor will not be working during that period.
- All businesses are OPEN during construction, throughout downtown. Please be sure to visit and patronize them!
- The City assures everyone that there is plenty of easy parking around the downtown/Theatre Way area, allowing people easy access to businesses. See the parking map included in the photos section of this article, and use this garages during your downtown visits: Jefferson Avenue Garage, Marshall Avenue Garage, Sequoia Station Garage, Main Street Lot, Middlefield Road Lot (enter only from the entrance nearest to Jefferson), or use Caltrain!
- REMEMBER: There is NO through traffic for vehicles on Middlefield/Winslow - but pedestrians have full access.
- Be sure to visit the Redwood Tower website for more information on this project.
PATCH WANTS TO KNOW - Have you found it difficult to navigate downtown with the Redwood Tower construction going on? Has it affected how often you patronize downtown businesses? Tell us in the comments.
Don’t miss a thing in Redwood City and Woodside!
* Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here .
* Into social media? So are we. Join us on Facebook and Twitter too!
* Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.