If you're reading this, chances are you're a loyal Patch reader.
However, even the biggest Patch fan in town may not know that Patch allows users to post obituaries for free.
We've tried to make it as easy as possible to relay information about the recent death of a loved one to the community.
Take a look at the video above for a quick walk-through on how to use our Announcements section to post a death notice.
If you're unable to access the video, here is a step-by-step guide for posting a death notice:
1. Log into your Patch user account. You'll need to create an account if you don't have one. All you need is an e-mail address to do this.
2. Go to the News tab on the front home page, scroll down to and click on Announcements.
3. Click on the "Add and Announcement" button.
4. Select the category "Death Notices."
5. Input the deceased person's name and other information. You could also simply copy and paste a prepared obituary into the description section.
6. Click on "Post an Announcement."
It's that simple.
Questions? E-mail us antyime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss a thing in Redwood City and Woodside! Get the FREE Patch newsletter each morning. Register here .
Into social media? So are we. Join us on Facebook and Twitter too!
Want to share your opinions with the communities of Redwood City and Woodside? Start your own blog here.